These resources have been suggested or recommended by artists.
WORTH A LOOK
Articles on various topics. No particular order. New items are added to the bottom of the list.
- The Challenges of Framing Art An overview of framing — choosing, pricing, switching frames.
- A Simple Formula for Pricing Your Work This artist prices her work by the square inch.
- Sipping from the Fire Hose How to focus your marketing efforts so that they serve you, rather than drive you to distraction.
MARKETING & BUSINESS
Websites and blogs that focus on the business of art.
- ArtBusiness Contains a treasure trove of articles on all aspects of the business of art. Sally Banks
- Red Dot Blog Art marketing news for artists from Xanadu Gallery. Jovita Wallace
A selection of sites that offer supplies for artists.
“Another supplier that I have used in the past.” Jacqueline Andes
“A shipping and supply specialist, a company that I have purchased boxes and plastic bags from. They have thousands of items such as tissue paper, tape, too many to list.” Jacqueline Andes
WEBSITES & BLOGS FOR ARTISTS
As artists realize the importance of reaching out to a broader audience, many are setting up their own websites and/or blogs to market their work. Here are some to check out.
Google offers frees blogs at blogspot.com.
Fine Art Studio Online hosts artist websites. Several DAG members have sites here. It also offers information on marketing.
WordPress offers free blogs and for-a-fee websites. There is a learning curve to using WP but the site offers several tutorials to get you started. (This blog is hosted by WordPress.)
If you know of resources that might be of interest, we encourage you to share them here.